Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sounds that make me feel safe

     If I were in a far-off lonely place, there are many sounds that I would like to have with me in a package that I could open at any time. Some of them are: the sound of something frying (like bacon), the sound of knives and forks clinking against plates, or (just in case you are thinking that I am only interested in food sounds!), the sound of nice bath water running. I know that running a bath uses up more water than taking a shower, but everybody has a secret "ecological vice" and that's mine! And anyway, I'm only talking about the sound of the bath water running and not the real thing!

     Here is an example of this sound: 
 (Just click on the green arrow to hear it.) 


Audio recording software >> 


     However, the most important sound that I would want to have with me in this far-off lonely place (Where would that be, by the way? The Soundkeeper didn't mention that part.) would be a very specific combination of two sounds that I happen to find reassuring, comforting, and soothing. This particular mix of two sounds offers solace, peace, and relaxation (OK, enough with the synonyms and onto the sounds!).

It is the sound of somebody (not me) running a vacuum cleaner on a carpet while it is raining outside. 

I bet you never thought of that before, did you? Just imagine yourself lying in your cosy bed while it's raining outside and someone else (not you, of course) is running the vacuum cleaner. Really, it's a wonderful combination of sounds and I'd sure like to have that inside a box that I could take out anytime I wanted to hear it. In fact, I don't even see the point of waiting to be in a far-off lonely place. I would love to hear that sound now!

If you click on the green arrow, you can hear D block's rendition of this sound:


Audio recording software >>


Here is the sound of savages in the jungle (aka B block):
Click on the green arrow to play.



Record and upload audio >>

It's fun to listen to but I am not very sure that I would find this a reassuring sound in a far-off lonely place!!!

Here is the sound of a dove (can you guess which gifted student in E block made this sound?).
Click on the green arrow to play.


Record and upload voice >>

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting post. Is the voice in the last vocaroo the voice of a flute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the bird noise very much good job pedro!!!!

    ReplyDelete